« Il Duomo di Milano is breathtaking | Main | Danish Smørrebrød, the classic open sandwiches always makes for a great lunch »

Monday, February 07, 2005

Great menswear in Rome at David of Rome

10493_milan_marketing03210490_milan_marketing029David of Rome is a my favourite mensware shop in Rome, it is owned by Jack Sasson a Itialian gentleman with a deep understanding of italian quality menswear. I have been a passive customer for several years, as my business very seldom takes me to Rome. Last week I had a chance to go to Rome meeting press about Lifeblog. I called Jack and he said he would wait for me. I knew from the past that he runs a sale from mid January until mid February and from mid August to mide September. This is a great time to buy as he runs 30% off almost everything. He carries Georgio Armani, Versace (they seem to be working on a new site) and Ermenegildo Zenga. I am mostly fond of the Zenga stuff. The reason I like to shop with him is that he is very knowledgable, honest and has a really great service. For example once I called him on the phone and asked if he could send me two shirts, I specified what I needed and I arrived few days later, I think he did not even charge me for postage! This time he offered to deliver my pants to my hotel, as I was too busy to pick them up. Few years ago I bought some Zenga suits and a jacket and the quality has been fantastic. I travel alot and stuff down my stuff in a carry-on bag so the quality has to be good otherwise it comes out with wrinkles all over. You can find Jack at David of Rome, Via Berberini 61, about a 10 minute walk from the Spannish steps towards the train station.

His shop looks a bit touristy, but when you discuss with him and feel the quality of the cloth you know that you are in a shop where someone cares for quality and for the customer. If you visit him, send regards from me and drop a comment on this post. He told me that the fall was a bit slow, so I tried to help out a friend...

10:39 PM in Play | Permalink

Comments

I like Zegna too..

Unfortunately I only can afford to buy the soft range as the other's are a bit too expensive. I'm not sure you van find the other ranges at Helsinki.

To soft's benefit I must say I like the bit understaded style they have and yet they are made of quality fabrics.

Posted by: Henrikki at Feb 8, 2005 11:33:06 AM

Hi Christian - we too have shopped at David of Rome in the past. Do you know if they are still open? I have tried their website with no success.

Posted by: Christine Watkinson at Oct 1, 2007 9:29:28 AM

Hi! thank you for the information! But do they have their own on-line shopping portal. If yes, can you send me? I feel he should have a good collection with him. i hope he has a good shipping policy if he sells online!!!

Posted by: Mens fashion at Dec 5, 2007 4:05:53 PM

Thank you for your blog. This was interesting information. Where is David's or Rome located?

I just created a website with my brothers and dad about
how to tie a tie. This is actually a really good reference for your site and think it would be useful to some of your readers. The website's name is www.2tieatie.com. It includes step by step instructions and diagrams for over 15 different tie knots. All the way from the href="http://2tieatie.com/windsor-knot.html">Windsor knot to the href="http://2tieatie.com/bow-tie.html">Bow Tie.

Posted by: Matthew Christiansen at Dec 5, 2007 7:13:29 PM

Hi, Jack

My husband and I intend to visit Rome at end March. We would like to know whether your shop is still on sale at that moment?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Carol

Posted by: carol at Feb 17, 2008 5:40:49 PM

Dear Signor Jack
Hope you are well
we will visit you in May can you kindly have some trousers for my husband and something for us please

many thanks
angela Sullivan
Malta

Posted by: Angela Sullivan at Mar 25, 2008 6:31:14 PM

Dear Uncle Jack

I have met you thru my good friend from Thai Air Ways Int'l, Rome office. I have bought a lot of good gears (cloths) from your shop. I was very impressed with your stocks and the customer services, especially the lady who helps me with the selection. I was very happy with the thing I bought. I wish I have more time to look around in your shop. I will be back to see you soon at your new shop.

Thanks and Regards

Rick
Perth, Western Australia

Posted by: Rick Kirilak at Nov 6, 2011 7:39:24 AM

I also like David of Rome!

Posted by: wedding dress shops at Feb 14, 2012 2:20:18 PM

I also like David of Rome, hope I can go there!

Posted by: beach wedding gowns at Feb 14, 2012 2:22:29 PM

Congratulations! One more great contribution by you to the world!

Posted by: chanel wallet on sale at May 22, 2012 5:37:56 AM

reat contribution by you to the world!

Posted by: bai du at Jul 31, 2012 12:49:54 PM

Beliebt im Spleißen der Wind heute, muss die Hose nicht hinterherhinken. Im Vergleich zu einfarbigen schlicht und elegant, Spleißen gebrochener Spitze pant mehr eine spielerische und Mädchen wie unschuldig.

Posted by: Levis Jeans at Aug 1, 2012 10:34:29 AM