« Yahoo! Go Mobile is live - The most comprehensive mobile internet experience | Main | Going Retro – Back to paper note taking »

Monday, February 13, 2006

This week is the annual bash at 3GSM in Barcelona.

I am not sure if I think the move to Barcelona was a great one.
I am not sure if I think the move to Barcelona was a great one.
Palace of shows.
Palace of shows.

I am looking forward to the week in Barcelona, a city dear to me. People say that 3GSM is all about the people. Since the people are here we will be able to see what location does. What I am hoping to see is good Java based client server solutions. It is finally possible to make them. Furthermore I hope to see some interesting transformers. The first impression is more like Cebit. The stands are bigger. More air, and many halls. . .

The conclusion of the show is that Cannes is a better location. I did not like the "Mini Cebit" feel that several people coined. The lack of casual cafes, restaurants dropped a couple points of my score.

Since i heard that the GSMA has made a several year comitment to Barcelona, I guess I will be back.

10:57 AM in Work | Permalink

Comments

Interesting... have you seen any good Java based client server solutions at 3GSM? Would it be both Java on the client and on the server or just on the client?

Posted by: Charles at Feb 16, 2006 11:54:00 PM

I too had the same feeling, Christian.
Cannes was much more intimate, and made it easier for me to feel like I had actually "met" the fellow 3GSM folks I had come to see.

Moving away from the show, into the old city, though, gave me back that feeling. It was only one night, but a colleague and I took a contact for a meal at a very nice tapas and wine bar, and really got the chance to know that contact.

So, the Cannes intimacy did become possible, but only away from the show. Strange to me how that happens.

Posted by: OG at Feb 23, 2006 1:05:52 PM

We have a good Java-based client/server solution on MIDP1 and MIDP2 phones, and for that matter, it's also for Symbian, and anything else you can get Java to run on, like a Treo.

Unfortunately, we couldn't be at 3GSM, but we hope to meet some Yahoo! folks very soon.

What are your criteria for a good Java client/server solution Christian?

- alan

Posted by: alan jones at Feb 23, 2006 1:17:41 PM

I went to 3GSM show but I didn't take much pictures. It was like a vacation plus working trip as I went together with my gf. It was my biggest regret for not taking any picture. However, after coming back and researching for pictures about the show, i found this site (Hand CellPhone) covers pretty much all phones that I found there.

Posted by: Alan Smith at May 23, 2007 11:47:16 PM

Honesty, integrity and a persuasive mentality are the most important qualities of an elected official

Posted by: 2006 album hip hop new at Aug 30, 2007 10:53:56 AM

nice informative blog,like the website below, I think it will be deliver

everywhere .

Posted by: xingchen lin at Jul 9, 2011 9:24:20 AM

you are talking about interesting things, I like it, thanks.

Posted by: Nike Dunks Shoes at May 22, 2012 9:33:35 AM

The result of all this, Nike has gained unprecedented market. Strong brand and market resources, OEM manufacturers what hard to find, and last excess profits will flow to Nike.

Posted by: Nike Australia at Aug 1, 2012 10:39:24 AM