« Live from the world cup semi-final | Main | A Journey south west and thousands years back in time. »

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Vittel water encourages waste.

The add at Green Parkon on Jubilee line. It is a bit of a hard read, but you get the point.
The ad at Green Parkon on Jubilee line. It is a bit of a hard read, but you get the point.

This ad made me furious. How stupid and unresponsible do you have to come up with this dumb idea. Not to speak of suggesting it to a client and finally for the client to approve it. There is acute shortage of water in the world. Even the Mayor of London sent us a 'personal' letter urgeing us to save for example not to water plants. Then I see Vittel encourageing people to waste even waste as a competition which will just put fuel on the fire. If you share my anger lets not buy their water. With me they just lost one customer for life!

11:20 AM in Play | Permalink

Comments

Well, why not go one step further and stop buying all bottled water and drink tap water instead?

Posted by: Hugo at Jul 20, 2006 12:01:36 PM

I agree with Hugo.
Sometimes I buy sparkling water since my tap doesnt produce bubbles, but I see absolutely no point in paying for the flat stuff.
Remember the fuss about that water a couple of years ago (can't remember its name, began with a D), which they used tap water anyway?

thanks for pointing this out, vittel has my thumbs down!

Posted by: sam at Jul 20, 2006 7:28:45 PM

Just 3 remarks:

--- instead of "This add made me furious" it should be "This ad made me furious". "ad" and not "add"!

--- the draught in London is caused by mismanagement in London waterworks and huge leakages there, not by shortage of water in the world.

--- anyway Evian mineral has much superior taste to Vittel.

Posted by: Comic Strip Blogger at Jul 21, 2006 12:57:15 AM

@Sam, the water you're thinking of is Dasani. Here in North America it's commonplace, but I'm not sure if it ever made it to Europe after the initial outcry and recall... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3566233.stm)

Posted by: Jo at Jul 21, 2006 7:22:41 AM

"There is an acute shortage of water in the world"

You should take the time to educate yourself on water issues.

Water shortage problems are entirely a localized problem. Wasting water in London has absolutely NO EFFECT on water problems in the rest of the world. You can only cause water shortages for others if you share the same sources of water.

Likewise, a dripping faucet in New York does not contribute to water shortages in let's say Saudi Arabia.

Posted by: Joe at Jul 21, 2006 5:00:44 PM

Thanks for your site to update everyone on the subject. Please understand that if a new position becomes available, or any change in the article appear on the current events, I will read and talk about how to make your good use of these methods. This web site is provided thanks to your efforts and others to consider.

Posted by: mcgee jersey at Aug 27, 2011 10:47:01 AM

really appreciate YOU — thanks a lot!

Posted by: Nike shoes at May 22, 2012 6:46:10 AM

In fact, both Picasso Knight, a business To start a virtual business must have its own characteristics, so that they will have their own advantages.

Posted by: Nike Shoes Online at Aug 1, 2012 10:40:35 AM