« Five Enemies of Convergence | Main | I got the iPhone, but it is still in California... »

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Restaurant Loft is a urban oasis in the centre of Helsinki

The entry to Loft on Yrjönkatu off Bulevardi.
The entry to Loft on Yrjönkatu off Bulevardi.
The clean dining room is modern.
The clean dining room is modern.

The Toast Skagen looked great and is a classic Scandinavian dish perfect for summer lunch.
smoked Salmon on a sauce of Morel mushrooms is one of my favorites. Tour of contrasting tastes.
Smoked Salmon on a sauce of Morel mushrooms is one of my favorites. Tour of contrasting tastes.

Restaurant Loft opened in February and is carving out a place in the trendy food segment in Helsinki. They serve Scandinavian classics. The place is new and clean and long curtains create a feel of softness. Their winebar seemed well equiped ready for thirsty wine buffs. Well worth a visit. I am eager to hear from readers who have dinners and wine evenings. The chef is Sebastian Nordberg, a guy I could find nothing about on Internet, seems too busy in the kitchen, but if you read this Sebastian write a little blurb about Loft.

11:01 AM in Restaurants | Permalink

Comments

If these are Scandinavian classics I'm definitely eager to visit Helsinki one of these days.

Posted by: Stefan Constantinescu at Jun 27, 2007 7:00:54 AM

Having read many of your food posts, it just occurred to me to make sure you've got eat.fi site on your bookmarks. A great way to keep tabs of your favourites in Helsinki.

Posted by: Niko at Jul 2, 2007 10:23:31 PM

The ambiance creates a good dining experience in the restaurant.

Posted by: lorna vanderhaeghe at Jun 16, 2011 12:20:41 PM

A great way to keep tabs of your favourites in Helsinki.

Posted by: Cooqi Clothing at Aug 1, 2011 4:18:42 AM

I want to thank you for your efforts, you write this article. I hope that in future the same high-level posts and your comments. In fact your creative writing skills inspired me tomake my own blog. The real blog is its wings rapidly. You write that it's a good example.

Posted by: red sox uniforms at Aug 10, 2011 3:52:36 AM

I and my family sincerely thank you for

your generosity, giving me the opportunity to pursue

my chosen career path.

Posted by: carlos lee jersey at Aug 26, 2011 6:22:06 AM

www.againtown.comresource. Their stories are superbly interesting. Last year she had Gustav Söderström from Spotify on stage, sharing how they plan to make Spotify more sticky and
Authentic Jordan Shoessocial, now you can see the fruits of that work.

To show our appriciation of the conference, we are rolling in the designers to document the event into a New Basketball Sneakersconference conversation. If you attended the event in November in San Francisco,Wholesale Watches you could not have avoided seeing the gigant murals we created at the back of the conference roomKobe Bryant Shoes

Posted by: Authentic Jordan Shoes at May 15, 2012 12:37:20 PM

you are talking about interesting things, I like it, thanks.

Posted by: Nike Dunks Shoes at May 22, 2012 6:55:20 AM