« My new iPod Touch going Rogue? | Main | Death of Deadline driven mobile development »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

L'Autre Pied restaurant does not come with foot in the mouth

R0010465 R0010479 R0010469_2 It has been a while since I was blown away by food in London. It happened decisivly at L'Autre Pied. The cuisine was very fresh, architectural and light. There was fun combinations, rich colour and the attention to detail was great. We were met by very friendly service. I ordered some wine for the table and the red I was recommended was not tasking good. We passed the glass around and concluded that the wine was not to our liking, yet we agreed it was not spoiled. They took it out and brought another. I was impressed, no fuss truly professional service. I have never sent out a bottle that I did not like before, but I am convinced it would have ruined what became a wonderful dining experience.

We had most of the dishes on the menu as we were a company of 7 and I tasted most and it was one delight after another. I loved my Risotto, served in a small casserole on the side, a clever move as risotto generally is not so decorative.

The food was filled with aroma and the air was clean enough to let it savor into the nostrils for a rich moving experience. I have lately become a bit sceptically with over designed dishes, but here the high design was followed with a warm rich taste and finally a light feeling in the stomach. This kind of sensations I think one only has in very classic two star type restaurants, kind of culinary palaces like the Palme D'Or I wrote about some time ago.

The big difference between L'Autre Pied and Palme D'Or is that the wallet will feel the diet. L'Autre Pied is a restaurant in upwardly motion and I bet it will have a star in Guide Michelin in the next year of two, if they keep up the good work.

The only disappointment was the Crumble which I think was over designed and too crunchy for my taste. It however brought my thoughts to the Danish desert Able kaege my mother makes, which does beat that desert flat out. On the other hand if a desert makes you think of your mothers and grand mothers cuisine that is an achievement in itself.

08:28 PM in Restaurants | Permalink

Comments

You are my baby, you are my flower, thanks for your help, thank you for your love

Posted by: Mac Cosmetics Wholesale at Aug 20, 2011 6:40:17 AM

Thak por compartir con nosotros, creo que este es el tiempo para leer es muy bonito compartir con ustedes lo article.i buen introducirá mis amigos.

Posted by: gafas de sol prada at Apr 12, 2012 12:07:43 PM

www.againtown.comresource. Their stories are superbly interesting. Last year she had Gustav Söderström from Spotify on stage, sharing how they plan to make Spotify more sticky and
Authentic Jordan Shoessocial, now you can see the fruits of that work.

To show our appriciation of the conference, we are rolling in the designers to document the event into a New Basketball Sneakersconference conversation. If you attended the event in November in San Francisco,Wholesale Watches you could not have avoided seeing the gigant murals we created at the back of the conference roomKobe Bryant Shoes

Posted by: Authentic Jordan Shoes at May 15, 2012 12:36:53 PM

Congrats on the column. That's a great mag to write for.

Posted by: Chesp MBT Shoes at May 21, 2012 1:04:18 PM

Looks good

Posted by: Herve Leger Dress at May 30, 2012 4:10:42 AM

I hope you can continue this type of hard work to this site in future also..Because this blog is really very informative and it helps me lot.

Posted by: Prada Schuhe at May 30, 2012 4:18:07 AM

I like them very much . Thanks so much.

Posted by: Burberry Borse at Jun 6, 2012 9:46:06 AM

You leave so useful information,I will share this info with my friends.

Posted by: Burberry Sac at Jun 6, 2012 11:11:01 AM

Good post. I am also going to write a blog post about this...I enjoyed reading your post and I like your take on the issue. Thanks.

Posted by: Chloe Bags at Jun 6, 2012 12:21:40 PM

Master Wu says in indictment, the accused the couple against town management work in their siege, overwhelmed and humiliated, violated their human dignity, to that caused nice damage,Air max leb.Cheap Louis Vuitton USA Dunk Lowron eight v2, the defendant requested 2 compensation and an apology.Yesterday,cheap air force one sale store, reporters came to Taipei 2 Li 2 individuals of husband and wife’s fruit store, Lee’s son said, “at that point Master Wu have tricycle overturned, oldsters of 2 individuals would take the irrational behavior,” hit it terribly disgraceful, we all know is wrong.

Posted by: chy at Jun 28, 2012 12:19:23 PM

Ich werde auf jeden Fall für Ihre Internet-Seite zurückkehren, um weitere

Posted by: Moncler Jacken at Jul 11, 2012 11:55:18 AM

Grazie per la vostra partecipazione, sono molto felice di vedere il tuo articolo.

Posted by: Moncler at Jul 12, 2012 6:04:59 AM

There is currently quite a lot of information around this subject on the net and some are most definitely better than others. You have caught the detail her just right which makes for a refreshing change.
bed bath and beyond coupon

Posted by: jecksteve at Aug 17, 2012 8:12:08 AM