« Paco Meralgo Tapas restaurant in Barcelona is mouthwatering. | Main | Come and taste our Mobile World Congress Desert at the Fjord stand »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Loosing data hurts...

Picture 2
This story and nice appology prompted some thoughts on data loss. Last week I was installing Google Lattitude on my Nokia N95 8GB when something went horribly wrong. The phone completely died. It does not start, just sits with a turned on screen.

Now who should I blame; Google, Nokia, myself for installing new SW. Who should pay for fixing it, there is no warranty and most importantly what happens with the really nice pictures I took last week of my daughter.

I am quite sad, I tried to do a soft booth and a hard reset, nothing helped.

know I am sitting on a timebomb with my digital Life stored in Lifeblog, which is now obsolete, some transferred into iPhoto and some exported into raw 'negatives', but very little stored on-line. I just cannot decide where to take my 20000 digital pictures. Who can I trust!

At what point will we see the multimedia banking industry emerge where you pay for not loosing the data. I guess I need to loose more data to fork up more Money. I already pay for MobileMe and have 3 back ups on hard disks, but I still know I am F****ed eventually...

If you have ideas on the N95, let me know, I really want some of the pictures out of it!

Comments

The pictures you took last week of your daughter might have been stored on the SD memory card. If so, you could eject the card to get access to the data.

Posted by: Oliver Völckers at Feb 13, 2009 12:54:00 AM

Trust Flickr, it's where the camera lovers congregate. If Flickr died it would start world war three!

Posted by: Charlie Gower at Feb 13, 2009 10:29:35 PM

friends your posts are always useful. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: propecia online at Feb 1, 2010 7:59:27 PM

Posted by: wine production at Mar 24, 2010 11:05:25 PM

The last question, I passionate. I have seen this caliber of information in the past few hours. Your site is greatly appreciated.

Posted by: pedro cerrano jersey at Aug 5, 2011 11:23:50 AM

Without Erving, the Nets wrote off the season as a lost cause. However, they lost all semblance of respectability when Archibald broke his foot in January. The team finished at 22–60, the worst record in the league. The team did set one record of sorts; in February 1977, they became the first NBA team ever to have an all-left-handed starting lineup,[11] with Tim Bassett, Al Skinner, Bubbles Hawkins, Dave Wohl, and Kim Hughes.

Posted by: Cheap MLB jerseys at Oct 20, 2011 6:12:56 AM

Thank you very much for posting and sharing this great article. It is so interesting. I want to know some other information about this site. So please give me this news quickly. I always will be aware of you.

Posted by: Houston Home Security at Dec 16, 2011 10:23:56 AM

really appreciate YOU — thanks a lot!

Posted by: Nike shoes at May 22, 2012 6:48:41 AM

Ich weiß nicht warum, aber die Seite wird geladen mit meinem unglaublich langsam. Ist jemand dieses Problem oder ist meine letzte Frage? Ich werde später wieder sein zu sehen, ob das Problem weiterhin besteht.xyj

Posted by: Launch X431 Diagun at Jul 6, 2012 5:38:11 AM