« Though headphones | Main | Went modelboating in Central Park »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Join me at Open Mobile Summit

Screen shot 2010-05-13 at 21.46.55

One of my favourite events in the mobile space is Open Mobile Summit. What makes it special is the crowds it draws, the key shakers and movers. I have been speaking twice before and I will return again on the stage to give a talk about Tablets. I plan to share some views on the evolution of the category aswell as some insights we at Fjord have had working on tablet projects.

To make this event even more special Fjord and Open Mobile Summit has teamed up to record the summit and produce a set of unique conference notes.  Sort of Richard Sacarry meets Open Mobile Summit. Our researchers will record the sessions and during the breaks record views of the audience in a series of video interviews. This way we collect a holistic view of the conference. This booklet will be delivered to participants after the conference. The insights and views will also be integrated to Fjordcasters for subscribers of that service.

Do join me on the 26-27th of May in London. For a small discount quote my blog when you register. See you at OPM

Comments

A Single Hand Operated Tablet

I have just seen your February article, The best way to beat the iPhone? Don’t try to copy it. I see you have also written about the importance of single hand user interface here on your blog.

I have invented the iPhone Killer.
iPhone Killer will create over 20 million people a year who will never learn to type on a QWERTY keyboard, or require a table or chair in order to type.

Like a TV remote control iPhone Killer is operated with only one hand, without looking at it, and unlike the iPhone it types just as fast as two hands on a full size keyboard and mouse. It takes only one day to learn instead of the months people spend developing their typing speed on a full size keyboard.

These more than 20 million people a year will demand smartphones and laptops equipped with iPhone Killer; rejecting QWERTY keyboards, thumb-pads, and touch-screens. Many smartphones do not sell that many units in an entire year. This large market will cause smartphone and laptop manufactures to license iPhone Killer and take it to scale for us.

It will eventually grow to over a billion units per year including calculators, remote controls, cash registers, laptops, and smartphones.

The challenge I am experiencing now is finding 10 to 20 investors to put in $50k each who are willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement as I do not have the patents yet.

Do you know investors who believe in the importance of single-hand operation and are willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement?

My website is incomplete but you can see some of my arguments at appleiphonekiller.com

Posted by: Matthew Artero at May 16, 2010 4:58:50 AM

I find the 'iphone killer' an intersting idea. Would be interested to hear more.

Posted by: conveyancing cheshire at May 28, 2010 1:00:00 PM

These article is really very fantastic to know about it. In all these there are so many things which is great to know about it. It's one of the interesting idea.

Posted by: London escorts at Nov 23, 2010 5:46:48 AM

Open mobile summit is very new topics for me. I get the full idea about it, you shared it very best way to understand very easily. It is very good to share with us.

Posted by: php hosting at Feb 18, 2011 11:58:40 AM

This article is very interesting. Open mobile summit is the event internet and media world-leaders participated. Topics that dominated discussion included 4G, mobile advertising, tablets, applications, and monetization strategies.

Posted by: PPI at Mar 21, 2011 12:12:32 PM

Now I get the best guide about the Open mobile. It is very much helpful with the awesome blogs.

Posted by: Dutch Masters at Apr 29, 2011 10:30:47 AM

I took the time to read all the comments, but I really liked the

article.

Posted by: randy moss jersey at Aug 9, 2011 8:58:56 AM

Do you really all so sweet and considerate with others, plus read your blog post is a fantastic joy. And thats a huge return! Dan and I will enjoy your guidance, we should do in the future.

Posted by: reed jersey uk at Aug 15, 2011 12:06:30 PM

This is a cool blogging platform. This is very nice one and gives indepth information.? Where else could I get this kind of information written in such a perfect way??

Posted by: jake plummer jersey l at Aug 16, 2011 4:07:56 AM

I appreciate the time you published this post. It has long been very useful, I. Enjoy it.

Posted by: randy moss jersey vikings at Aug 16, 2011 10:02:11 AM

We're a little early to start running somebody out of town orputting someone up top or anything like that.

Posted by: NFL San Francisco 49ers Jersey Shop at Aug 17, 2011 4:09:47 AM

Vestidosnow te ofrece Vestidos de Fiesta para cualquier ocasión. Contamos con diferentes estilos de vestidos fiesta y cortos con precios económicos pero de alta calidad. Además vestido de fiesta y para embarazadas también son disponibles. Apresúrate a Vestidos de Fiesta Baratos en nuestra tienda.

Posted by: Icebang at Aug 23, 2011 7:48:06 AM

great job!, good to read and agree with your words.thanks for great sharing with us,i will tell more of my friends about it .Very good article it was helped me to check once again.

Posted by: r4 at Oct 26, 2011 11:14:19 AM

This is a great one..nice article, thanks for share with us…

Posted by: r4i card at Oct 31, 2011 8:11:30 AM

Wow, this is cool. I’m glad I found this article since I was interested in tracking my keyword rankings. Thanks dude!

Posted by: Bridesmaid Dresses at May 9, 2012 7:01:54 AM

This article is just what I was looking for a long time! Where did you get it? How could you write it so clear and so knowingly? That?s awesome! Thanks a lot!

Posted by: cheap bridal gowns at May 9, 2012 7:03:04 AM

really appreciate YOU — thanks a lot!

Posted by: Nike shoes at May 22, 2012 6:37:44 AM