« I crashed, a new intimate digital experience has emerged | Main | Nokia struggles as phones become emotional commodities »

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Back to building own experiences

A new era in my partnership with Fjord starts as I move from an operational role of Chief Innovation Officer to become a part-time member of the board and advisor to the management business. This is an important transition for me because I believe in the business and want to help it grow to the next level.

On a very personal level I’ve always been inspired all that is new and by change. One of my guiding principles is to hire people smarter than me and make myself redundant. This then allows me to go on and explore what's new.

I’ve been creating things all my life. It's a deep passion of mine. When I was very young I made things with lego, as I crew older I made bikes which I sold to my friends, and then I built radio controlled miniature sailing boats and sold them around Europe. Professionally, I’ve created mobile UI's that have been sold in every corner of the world and now I yearn to go back to creation.

I’d like to thank my fellow Fjordians for teaching me so much and for pushing me out of my comfort zone. My sense of design is wider and deeper than ever before. When I look around Fjord, I see what I believe to be the smartest team in service design. When I joined in 2007 we were a team of 27, today, Fjord has grown to become the definitive service design consultancy with a team of over 200, operating from eight offices around the world.

I’m very proud of this Fjord creation and I’m looking forward to nuking from the outside.’

So what's next? Firstly, I am going to continue to build the touch and force sensor business, Tech21 Sensor, that I helped to found a few years ago. The business is in Berlin. What makes Tech21 so interesting for me is that it sits in the emerging space between technology and biology, making man-machine interfaces analogue. It is a fantastic enabler opportunity. I will also help a couple of start-ups grow and internationalise and then I want to build something on my own.  But more on that later…

Comments

Best wishes for your new ventures and many thanks for your continued custom at Velorution

Posted by: Andrea Casalotti at Jun 10, 2012 11:02:25 PM

Il s'agit d'une source d'excitation de la connaissance, je suis content de lire cet article. Je serai de retour bientôt pour voir plus vous avez.

Posted by: casquette red bull at Jun 12, 2012 9:54:30 AM

Posted by: nike shox pas cher at Jun 12, 2012 9:55:46 AM

Gracias por la información contenida en este blog. La publicación de este lugar es muy fresco e interesante. Tuve que leer todo el post y lo hice muchas cosas que no conozco, sé antes. Estoy seguro de que los visitantes que visitan este lugar también pueden disfrutar de la lectura de los mensajes. Espera de nuevos puestos de que se publican en este sitio. Una vez que tenga su excelencia y eficiencia en este blog de work.Keep lo demostró..

Posted by: nike shox r4 at Jun 13, 2012 12:17:30 PM

I would love to bookmark your blog as there are very interesting and encouraging articles!

Posted by: kitchen faucets at Jun 16, 2012 10:35:57 AM

Building a small or maybe medium-sized business might not exactly involve the same fake oakleys ability being a multinational firm. However all corporations, anything the size or maybe style, get identical goals—increasing earnings plus lowering expenses. The best way involving reaching that is by way of simplifying experditions by way of freelancing a few of the job.

Posted by: sunglass at Jun 19, 2012 4:07:01 AM

Yes.Cheap LV Outlet sterday, the reporter contacted Master Wu’s attorney lawyer.He said: “the after the event, Master Wu great psychological pressure, at present, he has resigned from the urban Xieguan yuan,Nike air force 1 2009,Jordan fly 23 men’s, to other provinces to work.”Taipei Street office issued a material shows,cheap air force shoes, in July 16th last year, Master Wu to dissuade women Lee street selling agricultural products, by Lee and her husband, et al.,Kids zoom kobe 6 vi, was stunned, uniform. pants also ripped.After inspection, Master Wu’s state for the slight wound (heavy).

Posted by: chy at Jun 28, 2012 12:16:11 PM

Posted by: abercrombie at Jul 13, 2012 6:48:50 AM

I love it! Van egy ilyen kreatív szem és mindent meg összerakni dolgozni.

Posted by: sac Louis Vuitton pas cher at Jul 20, 2012 9:52:48 AM

Good post - very inspiring! I wish you all the luck in your business venture.

Posted by: Sabrina at Jul 25, 2012 4:33:54 AM

The tennis games player that ought to focus on his or her own video game whenever he's a set straight down Both classic and study on Cole Haan Shoes the web course load are usually revisited and also changed in order to raised on your small heads using the must-have elements to take off along Tods Women Shoeswith soar substantial- Drink water in the course of course, however have
(duanxueyuan1)tomsoutletshop

Posted by: Tods Shoes at Jul 26, 2012 11:17:01 AM

Hi, sir. Your post is really excellent. Thank you.

Posted by: Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys at Jul 28, 2012 6:39:21 AM

Ibn Sa'd, III, 1, p. 2.'Amr b. al-'À§ et Mu'âwiyaLa première forme, très sobre, est rapportée par Ibn Qutayba (*), sur l'autorité d'al-Madà'inî : « 'Amr b. al-'As dit à Mu'âwiya : « J'ai vu en songe, la nuit dernière, comme si la Résurrection générale avait lieu, que les balances étaient disposées et que les gens étaient appelés pour rendre compte (de leurs actions). Je t'ai alors regardé ; tu étais debout, inondé de sueur, et, devant toi, (s'élevait un amas de) feuillets (çukul) aussi haut que les montagnes». Ironiquement, Mu'âwiya lui demanda : * N'as-tu point vu des dinars d'Égypte

Posted by: louboutinfrancer at Jul 31, 2012 12:33:39 PM

wow bra Jag har läst många artiklar om detta ämne och varje gång jag lär mig något nytt jag tror inte det någonsin kommer att sluta alltid nya info, Tack för allt ditt hårda arbete!

Posted by: air max ltd femme at Aug 1, 2012 11:59:34 AM

Hi! Amato i tuoi lettura tuoi blog. Grande energia! Ho appena iniziato a bloggare me e ha aggiunto al mio elenco. Spero che verificherà il mio blog quando si può! Mantenere il buon lavoro!

Posted by: louis vuitton italia at Aug 9, 2012 11:17:44 AM

Howdy bonega blogo! Ĉu kuri blog ŝatas ĉi postulas multe da laboro? Mi preskaŭ ne scio de komputila programado tamen mi estis espero por komenci mian propran blogon en proksima estonteco. Iel, se vi havas ideojn aŭ teknikoj por nova blogo posedantoj bonvolu dividas. Mi scias ĉi estas malŝaltita temo tamen mi nur devis peti. Dankon!

Posted by: gorra new era at Aug 17, 2012 10:38:41 AM

Jag känner glädje läsa så bra inlägg, skulle jag vilja tacka författaren för denna underbara efforts.this inlägg är bra när det gäller både kunskap och information. Tack för inlägget.

Posted by: scarpe mbt uomo at Aug 23, 2012 11:27:27 AM

Blog-mhaith, go raibh sásta a fhoghlaim go leor anseo, tá súil agam gur féidir liom breathnú go minic, go raibh maith agat go mór! Níl aitheanta le fada faoi do shuíomh agus go bhfuil siad fós ag léamh cheana féin chomh maith. Ghlac mé go mbeidh mé in ann a fhágáil ar mo 1 comment. Ní féidir liom a fhíorú cad a rá ach amháin go bhfuil mé taitneamh as léamh. Nice blog. tinn a bheith bookmarking choinneáil ar cuairt ar an suíomh gréasáin an-ghnáth.

Posted by: sac louis vuitton solde at Sep 7, 2012 12:18:05 PM

Det er den rigtige weblog for alle, der har brug for at søge ud ud af om dette emne. Du indser en masse sin næsten besværlig at argumentere med dig (ikke at jeg faktisk skulle ... haha). Du helt sikkert sætte et nyt spin på et emne thats blevet skrevet om i årevis. Nice stuff, lige stor!

Posted by: cheap monster beats at Sep 12, 2012 12:35:54 PM

Handled manage in terms of mulberry hobo tote think about luggage on-line mulberry local community store, your overall individual great could possibly be large selection because of mulberry totes.

Posted by: mulberry handbags at Sep 27, 2012 11:24:53 AM

Original apple mobile phone, favorable iphone, apple 5, samsung mobile phones, the latest samsung mobile phone. HTC, great HTC mobile phone

Posted by: Samsung, THC, apple at Oct 16, 2012 5:12:32 AM

Ola! Amei seus lendo os seus blogs. Gran enerxía! Eu só comecei a blog min e engadiu-lle a miña lista. Espero que vai comprobar o meu blog cando pode! Manteña o bo traballo!

Posted by: nike mecurial vapor pas cher at Oct 23, 2012 11:27:00 AM

Gracias por escribir esto. Realmente me siento como si yo sé mucho más de esto que yo hacía antes. Tu blog realmente trajo algunas cosas a la luz que nunca me hubiera pensado antes de leerlo. Debe continuar con esto, estoy seguro que la mayoría de la gente estaría de acuerdo tu tienes un don.

Posted by: supra france at Oct 24, 2012 12:44:59 PM

Las ideas que se proporcionan aquí voy a discutir extremadamente precioso. Resultó una sorpresa muy agradable para adquirir la anticipación después de que me desperté hoy. Están constantemente al escenario y fácil de tener en cuenta. Gracias mucho por las valiosas ideas que tienes compartidos a continuación.

Posted by: supra france at Oct 24, 2012 12:45:17 PM

Let her give her a hot bread, satiate to bed ...I heard a monk with a sigh, flocks lived distracted immediately, but his eyes could not help but seeHer body go.

Posted by: Sequin Uggs at Oct 31, 2012 4:23:06 AM