« Restaurant Loft is a urban oasis in the centre of Helsinki | Main | The iPhone is the new benchmark in mobile experience »

Saturday, June 30, 2007

I got the iPhone, but it is still in California...

IphonesI managed to get the iPhone on day of launch, my good friend (Thanks S.), did some queuing and managed to get one of the first. I wish I would have been on site to see the frenzy myself, looking at it through the Internet gives some sense.

My thoughts go back to September 1993 when I managed to get one of the first 60k Apple Newtons, a device that became very dear to me, and the first hand-held that got me going with mobile products. The loop is now closed.

From what I judge from the first reports the device is worth its hype, we have to remember that 1.0 devices are just the first attempt. The first iPod, which I also bought on the day of launch was far inferior to generation 3 and yet it was remarkable.

Cannot wait to get my hands on it, but it is no longer a question of if I get one, but when it arrives. (Image original by Ken Coley http://kwc.org/blog/, I remixed it a bit.)

12:50 PM in Technology | Permalink

Comments

Hi Christian,

Will the US version of the iPhone even work in the UK? It is on AT&T 's edge network. Is that compatiable with the GSM/3G networks here? If not you may have to wait for the £G release in Europe later on in the year. I hear that both Vodafone and T-mobile will have the handset.

Posted by: Murray at Jul 2, 2007 4:41:44 PM

Hi Christian,

I would be especially interested to read your comment on how does the iPhone fare with regards to the Nokia's convergence dream - i.e. Has Apple now succeeded in what Nokia has been trying to perfect for years.

Posted by: pd at Jul 3, 2007 5:15:02 PM

Hi Christian,

I'm very much looking forward to read your review on the iPhone. E.g., how iPhone possibly corresponds to the mobile challeges you enlisted in your earlier post. Futhermore, do you see if there any aspects in the iPhone that would justify calling it as an entirely "new concept" instead of a package of incremental improvement in various areas

Posted by: Heikki H. at Jul 7, 2007 2:16:59 PM

car rentals florida city

Posted by: car redwood rentals city at Dec 31, 2008 4:38:58 AM

Posted by: Cowboys Jersey at Aug 27, 2011 6:53:44 AM

Yes.Cheap LV Outlet sterday, the reporter contacted Master Wu’s attorney lawyer.He said: “the after the event, Master Wu great psychological pressure, at present, he has resigned from the urban Xieguan yuan,Nike air force 1 2009,Jordan fly 23 men’s, to other provinces to work.”Taipei Street office issued a material shows,cheap air force shoes, in July 16th last year, Master Wu to dissuade women Lee street selling agricultural products, by Lee and her husband, et al.,Kids zoom kobe 6 vi, was stunned, uniform. pants also ripped.After inspection, Master Wu’s state for the slight wound (heavy).

Posted by: chy at Jun 28, 2012 12:15:00 PM

I am very appreciate to your info. They are really useful for me. Thank you.

Posted by: Youth BaseBall Jerseys at Jul 28, 2012 6:44:04 AM